[U-Boot] Fwd: [STATUS] WARNING: huge ARM board removal pending

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Tue Jun 7 12:41:26 CEST 2011

Dear Hong Xu,
>> If there are SoC specific files to be adapted, they should be adapted
>> as done in 9260.
>>
>> Board specific files should be looking like those of at91sam9260-ek.
>>
>> Remove fixed boards from the global Makefile and add them to boards.cfg.
>>
>> I'll put the fix for at91sam9260*-ek on u-boot-atmel/master in the next hours,
>> you can have a look at it - or look at the patch I posted yesterday for it.
>
> OK, very nice. I'm just worried because I can not compile at91sam9260ek on u-boot-atmel/master and u-boot-atmel/next 3 hrs ago.
>
> So, we're waiting for your work on sam9260 and take it as a starting point for other boards.

Its now there.

With toolchain ARM-4.5.2 the following warning is given (building top9000_eval_xe_config).
I had no time to look into this. The warning is not due to rework and shows only with newer
toolchains, I think.

*** make u-boot.bin
macb.c: In function ‘macb_write_hwaddr’:
macb.c:525:2: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

at91sam9260-ek builds but throws a few more warnings in the dataflash_spi driver.
Please also see my post titled
"[U-Boot] ATMEL atmel_dataflash_spi.c - work at hand - can someone do it ?"

Maybe you can look into that :)

Best Regards,

Reinhard