[U-Boot] Atmel pull request?

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:03:19 CEST 2011

Dear Eric Bénard,

Am 09.06.2011 09:13, schrieb Eric Bénard:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/06/2011 09:06, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> what are the chances to see a pull request for the Atmel boards any
>> time soon? As is, theyu still form the majority of broken ARM boards,
>> and I would like to get the release out as soon as possible.
>>
>> So I'd appreciate if we could have your pull request ASAP, then I
>> could make a -rc3 and allow for a few days of testing, before
>> releasing v2011.06.
>>

> And the clock update for AT91RM9200 :
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/99344/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/99550/

These are not really required. These two are the first steps to get
atmel_usart working (I've got it now since yesterday evening on my
at91rm9200ek!). After another patch (replace at91rm9200_usart by
atmel_usart) we can remove at91rm9200_usart. The next step would be to
remove the whole a/a/c/arm920t/at91rm9200 directory and complete the
transition to at91 for at91rm9200 devices as described in README.at91-soc.
But I do not want to get these changes in precipitately. I'm fine with
an integration for 2011.09.

@Wolfgang: Deletion of defective ARM boards will start after 2011.06
release. Is that correct?

regards