[U-Boot] Booting to an alternate bank on an ADS512101?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Sat Jun 11 00:24:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just got an ADS512101, so I have a few beginner questions on it.

Is it possible to boot to an "alternate" flash bank on this board, like the
"pixis_reset altbank" command does?  I know that jumper P4 is supposed to do a
flash recovery, but that doesn't seem to work for me (I'll email the
manufacturer about that later).  And even if it did, that's not exactly what I
want, since it requires me to physically move the jumpers.

Instead, I'd like to be able to write a new u-boot.bin into some address in NOR
flash, and then reset the board and boot that U-Boot instead.  If for some
reason this U-boot fails, then a hard reset will bring me back to the original
U-Boot.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale