[U-Boot] OpenRD Ultimate SATA & SD

Alexei Ozhigov alexei.ozhigov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:29:40 CEST 2011

2011/6/17 Prafulla Wadaskar <prafulla at marvell.com>:

> [...]

I have already tried longer timeouts for timeleft and it does not help.

Also with timeout circumvention the SATA flash card I was hoping to
boot from (Transcend TS1GSDOM22V) is identified as follows:

Bus 0: OK Bus 1: OK
  Device 0: Model: TRANSCEND  Firm: 20080128 Ser#: 20080407    00000005
            Type: Hard Disk
            Capacity: 955.8 MB = 0.9 GB (1957536 x 512)
IDE read: device 0 not ready
IDE read: device 0 not ready
  Device 1: Model:  Firm:  Ser#:
            Type: Hard Disk
            Capacity: not available

And then the card cannot be read. First attempt shows "OK" although
the data written to memory are wrong, next attempts result in "device
0 not ready". On the other hand, Linux (Debian ARM port) does not
recognize the card either. So if this problem is not related to
improper initialization, the question is how SATA flash differs from
regular SATA drives with respect to SATA controller in 88F6281 and if
it is actually possible to work with SATA flash on OpenRD.