[U-Boot] OMAP3: NAND init problems

Simon Schwarz simonschwarzcor at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:03:31 CEST 2011

Hi list,

I'am trying to get the NAND-flash to work in my OMAP3 SPL. I
essentially call these functions after the base init:
gpmc_init();
nand_init();

But in nand_init() the cpu jumps somewhere in memory. I tracked that
down to nand_get_flash_type() to the call chip->select_chip(mtd, 0);
Some digging shows that the select_chip function pointer isn't
initialized -> just garbage.

Just before the call to nand_get_flash_type() is a call to
nand_set_defaults(chip, busw) which IMHO should be responsible to set
the function-pointers. But this function tests for non-zero value ->
garbage is non-zero.

Do I miss something for NAND init?

Thanks in advance!
Simon