[U-Boot] OMAP3: NAND init problems

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:13:51 CEST 2011

Dear Simon Schwarz,

please don't use TOFU, use inline quoting and also send to the list.

Am 17.06.2011 um 17:18 schrieb Simon Schwarz:

> Dear Andreas,
>
> i tried setting it - but this should be already working code -
> therefore if I have to set the values manually it is very likely that
> I did something wrong while adapting it for the SPL.

Sounds correct.

> I can't find
> anything in the devkit8000 implementation which sets these values -
> and NAND is working nonetheless.

Yes, armv7 start.S initializes .bss to zero in normal case (after relocation -> see clear_bss). Is that called in your case (SPL with not mainline code) too?

> nand_chip is in bss (which is in RAM). IMHO this shouldn't be a
> problem because RAM is initialized before, right?

Yes, if it is initialized correctly (zero out the bss section!), remember our talk some days ago.

But I just guessing cause of your statement 'the function pointer are initialized to garbage' in your first mail, it may be a completely other cause. Please let us know what it was.

regards

Andreas Bießmann