[U-Boot] OMAP3: NAND init problems

Sughosh Ganu urwithsughosh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 21:27:08 CEST 2011

hi,
On Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 12:03:31PM +0200, Simon Schwarz wrote:

> I'am trying to get the NAND-flash to work in my OMAP3 SPL. I
> essentially call these functions after the base init:
> gpmc_init();
> nand_init();

  I guess this is the same as nand_spl. Do you use nand_boot.c in the
  spl code. This file has the nand_chip object declared as a local
  variable on the stack, and not bss.

> But in nand_init() the cpu jumps somewhere in memory. I tracked that
> down to nand_get_flash_type() to the call chip->select_chip(mtd, 0);
> Some digging shows that the select_chip function pointer isn't
> initialized -> just garbage.

  If you check the nand_boot function in the nand_boot.c, it calls
  board_nand_init, and not nand_init, so i guess you are using a
  different path here.

-sughosh