[U-Boot] at91rm9200 linking problem (?)

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:35:47 CEST 2011

Dear Marcin Górski,

Am 21.06.2011 15:19, schrieb Marcin Górski:
>>> CONFIG_SYS_INIT_RAM_SIZE and
>>> CONFIG_SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR.  Can this cause this problem?
>>
>> SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR is required, if you see 'DRAM: ...' output it is likely
>> to be a correct value for you. I guess your gd_t parameters for SDRAM
>> size are not correct which leads to a wrong relocation address and
>> therefore relocate_code() fails.
>

> Yes, I've fixed gd_t parameter but the result hasn't changed.

Ok ... can you debug the board_init_f/relocate_code/board_init_r functions?
Where is your relocate_code() destination address (it is calculated in
board_init_f())?
Is relocate_code() reached?
Does the fixup loop's run? (don't forget to reload symbol file as
described in doc/README.arm-relocation)
Is board_init_r() reached?

> All behaviour described so far relates to at91rm9200dk board.

at91rm9200dk uses the deprecated arm920t/at91rm9200 stuff and is known
to be broken currently! The arm920t/at91rm9200 code will be deleted in
near future! (and so at91rm9200dk board, if you have one handy please
try to get it working with arm920t/at91 files). If your board uses
arm920t/at91rm9200 configuration please convert it to arm920t/at91 ASAP!

> You mentioned trying at91rm9200ek board, so I switched to it,
> but I have problems with with compilation when data flash memory is used
> (I need it to store environment settings).

Sorry, I can not help here cause I didn't get dataflash working with
at91rm9200ek yet.

> So I tried not to store environment settings
> by defining CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_NOWHERE and comment out all data flash configs, but I end up
> with multiple undefined references (to flash, spi and dataflash).

> How did you make your board to run only in RAM omitting flash configuration?

Well I own an at91rm9200ek and use the at91rm9200ek_ram_config to build
(is mainline). The NOR flash booting is currently broken but getting
this working is my next target.

Dataflash for at91 targets in principle is currently somewhat
broken/unreliable/defective API (there was a discussion these days,
search the list).

regards

Andreas Bießmann