[U-Boot] omap4 EHCI support and SMSC95xx support on panda

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Wed Jun 22 13:04:56 CEST 2011

On 06/22/2011 12:24 PM, kris.m wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to enable tftpboot on pandaboard and followed the steps and
> applied Simon and Gilles patches.
> But not able to get ethernet detected. I am using trace32 debugger to
> directly init the RAM and othe peripherals and load u-boot.
>
> Is it compulsory to run X-Loader. If so, Please let me know the location
> from where I can download the correct version of X-Loader suitable for this.
>
> I am using u-boot 2011.03 and applied patches on it.

The combination which works for me is x-loader branch omap4_dev, commit
c8855fa6b85bd44073bd1b25dbffa99f02cbeeed, with everything else as I
already explained. The git repository url at the time I cloned it is:
git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/x-loader.git

I found this url on the pandaboard wiki.

x-loader enables some plls, so, if you do not use x-loader, you should
enable the plls it enables.

Note that there is a project for using u-boot as a first stage loader
instead of x-loader.

--
                                                                Gilles.