[U-Boot] u-boot for x86

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 01:16:39 CEST 2011

Hi Raleigh,

Please keep the ML Cc'd (and please don't top-post)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Raleigh Boulware
<r_boulware at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks I will be looking for an eNET board. I am doing several Pentium
> U-boot projects.

An eNET board may be difficult to come by - They are a Remote Telemetry
Unit (RTU) developed by Serck Controls in Australia but now manufactured
by Control Microsystems in Canada (both companies are now subsiduaries of
Schneider Electric). They are used to monitor and control water pumping
stations, bore fields, reservoirs etc. They are not very usefull as a
U-Boot development platform - The only reason I have one is that I work
for Serck Controls and managed to convince someone to give me one that had
been sent back for repairs but was deemed 'not fit for service'.

You could always buy one from Control Microsystems, but be warned, they
are not exactly cheap ;)

As I said before, I am willing to help you get your Pentium projects
running.

> Hey so the 'make all' command makes the tool chain and the U-boot code
> itself. How do I just complie the U-boot source code now that I have the
> tool chain.

I think you might mean that it makes 'tools' and 'u-boot.bin' - 'tools'
is not a toolchain - They are a set of executables that can be used in
Linux to access the U-Boot environment etc. If you just want to build the
binary, 'make u-boot.bin' may be what you need (someone will correct me
if I'm wrong)

Regards,

Graeme