[U-Boot] SPL framework re-design

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 27 22:49:31 CEST 2011

Dear Aneesh V,

In message <4E089A25.4050009 at ti.com> you wrote:

> >    Instead of doing this, we could as well just maintain a list of
> >    objects and then link all these together directly, without creating
> >    libraries first.
>
> Is this like a make variable that keeps accumulating objects
> from sub-directories? If so, is that through a *.mk at each level and
> including all these *.mk at the top level Makefile. Or is there some
> other idea?

Well, if we do it right and build only such objects we actually need
for the target binary, we might not need any explicit rules at all and
instead just use file globbing to link all objects we find.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I express preference for a chronological  sequence  of  events  which
precludes a violence.   - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_