[U-Boot] SPL framework re-design

Aneesh V aneesh at ti.com
Tue Jun 28 08:54:11 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 28 June 2011 02:52 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Scott Wood,

>>> The question came up what we need it for.
>>
>> Just seems cleaner to me than jamming it into the file extension.  If we're
>> treating it as a separate build, it should go into a separate place.  It's
>> not really a different type of file.
>
> I'm fine with that as well.

I too think this approach is cleaner. This is essentially Daniel's
approach. So, we can use some of his code. There are couple of open
points though:

1. If there are SPL customized generic files like the
nand_spl/nand_boot.c where do we keep them? I suggest that we keep them
in spl/nand, spl/onenand etc. And for the object file hierarchy let's
have something like spl/obj. How about that?

3. I hope partially linked libraries is fine. Or do you want to link
all object files in a single stage? Is there any advantage in doing
that?

Shall I re-work my series using this framework?

best regards,
Aneesh