[U-Boot] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git (post branch)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 30 12:29:03 CEST 2011

Dear Mike Frysinger,

In message <201106291930.48377.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 29, 2011 17:21:46 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > Please stick to the rules.  These apply to everbody, including you.
> > Even more so to you, as you have the experience and knowledge so that
> > you actually should be aware of how these things get done.
>
> you'll need to revise the wiki then as this really isnt how the linux workflow
> works.  ...

I see no need to change anything, as the wiki represents how OUR
workflow works.

Please don't start applying random rules.

>    ...  i dont know which patches exactly have been posted, which had feedback
> and were revised, etc...

Then please get a clue.  If you don't maintain your own copies of such
mails, then you can always refer to any of the mailing list archives.
And of course there is patchwork, which nicely collects all messages
that are related to a patch.

All you have to is looking there.

>                      ...  so i just posted the entire set that havent been
> merged fresh in case people missed things the first time around -- as is done
> on lkml.

I don't care if this is done like this on lkml.  I consider it a
stupid thing to do, as there is no indication in this repost 1) that
this has been posted before, 2) to which mail thread a patch might
refer to, 3) if this is just an unchanged repost and 4) if you made
any changes, what these changes might be.

I will definitely not invest any time in trying to find this out.

We have clear rules how to post patches and updated versions of
patches, and I ask you again to stick to these rules.

Reposting patches - changed or unchanged - without any additional
commend will receive immediate NAKs.

> since most likely nothing is going to get changed (again) in the next two
> weeks, i'll simply rebase the branches and send another pull request.

I will not pull any patches that have been NAKed, and these are.
And any similar repostings will be NAKed as well.

If you want to do something useful, then apply the original patches,
and make sure to reference these properly.

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."                    - Dave Bowman, 2001