[U-Boot] musb_cfg.extvbus = 1 reverted by bus reset?

Orjan Friberg of at flatfrog.com
Thu Jun 30 14:19:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

Using external VBUS on the OTG port in host mode, I have set
musb_cfg.extvbus = 1.

However, after a 'usb start', the DRVVBUS bit in OTG_CTRL is always set
to 1 (regardless of the value of musb_cfg.extvbus).  Immediately after
boot it is 0.  (I ran 'i2c md 0x48 0xa 1'.)

In musb_hcd.c, the extvbus setting is done *before* the usb bus is
reset.  The TPS65920 TRM says that DRVVBUS is turned on when the chip
acts as a host.  It seems to me that the DRVVBUS setting is reverted by
the chip going into host mode.

Any ideas?

(This is on 2011.03, but latest git seems to have the same construct.)

Thanks,
Orjan

--
Orjan Friberg