[U-Boot] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 30 17:55:30 CEST 2011

Dear Mike Frysinger,

In message <BANLkTimLUUBsrYg3jTgStP55UFQN-O4DyQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> i sent out the pull request immediately for this tree because your
> latency tends to be high (and if there was any problems with the
> patches, i'd get them fixed and updated the request), and this is how
> i'm used to doing things with linux.  the trees are ready before the
> merge window opens, not during.  seems u-boot is more of a "do the
> development/review during the merge window, and then merge
> during/after".  i did not realize that.

Review is supposed to happen between the time the patches get posted
on the mailing list, and the time they get accepted and applied by a
custodian.   Posting a ptach and a pull request for a branch which
includes it at the same time leaves no time for review.

Don't repeat that you posted unchanged stuff.  We cannot know this -
there was no indication in the patches what was changed to their
earlier versions, there was not even an indication like proper

This reposting of unchanged stuff is stupid and counter-productive.
Don't do it.  I will NAK any such reposts, and any pull requests
that include them.

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Veni, Vidi, VISA: