[U-Boot] Is somebody workin on getting the AT91SAM9G45EKES working on the latest build?

William C. Landolina wcl at techatl.com
Thu Jun 30 22:54:34 CEST 2011

> Bill,
>
> On 06/30/2011 02:10 PM, William C. Landolina wrote:
> > Alex - If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.  I've been
> roughly patching the various builds for a while and really would like to see
> this get back in the mainline.
>
> I will send my patch set in a few moments; just a few more things and it
> should be a good start. I have a few questions...
>
> 1 What boot strapper are you using? The default at91bootstrapper that you
>   can download from the linux4sam web site?

I start with Atmel's vanilla first stage boot from NAND.  I have a much hacked SDCard boot that works as well and that is where I want to head.  My target systems do not have NAND or Dataflash.  (I can put NAND on my boards for development but I do not want to ship with NAND.)

> 2 Are you booting from NAND?

I currently boot from NAND - the features I want to get from the current version is booting from, and environment on, SDCard.  I hacked that into the December release but it was a hack - the environment was at fixed sector offsets on the SDCard which required building the partition table by hand.  Long term I want to get the environment in a file on the SDCard.

> 3 How far have you gotten with your patching? Does everything work? For
> me, I
>   have all of my hardware up and running (including the second bank of RAM
>   which seemed like it was not supported before).

I hacked the December release to work, but I know I did some things in the wrong places and in a style that is not Wolfgang-compatible.  I stopped working on improving the December release because it was clear that a lot of good things were happening to the MMC framework and the underlying AT91 framework was in flux so it seemed like a good idea to wait until that stabilized before I revisit putting a modern U-Boot on my boards "the right way".

I only have one bank of RAM on my custom target so I didn't test the second bank.  On my targets the other EBI interface runs a bunch of slow peripherals.

> 4 I presume your booting into Linux after U-Boot?

Yes, I'm booting Linux 2.6.30 or so.

> Best regards,
> Alex
>
> --