[U-Boot] [RFC 1/3] mmc: checking status after commands with R1b response

Raffaele Recalcati lamiaposta71 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:37:24 CET 2011

Hi Lei,

> I apply your patch and test on my board and find this patch mess my sd card...

Can't you trace the behaviour using the latest patch and send the
results to me ?

> Why you need to keep send the stop command (Also the other command in
> this patch)
> if mmc_send_status fail? As my understanding, the command should only send once,
> and then start to call the mmc_send_status till the status stable.

Right.
I was confused by the possibility to use mmc_send_status to redo also
other kind of commands,
for example write_block, in the case that the write can go wrong (due
to ECC inner nand failure).

> This is also what kernel does. You could refer to
> drivers/mmc/core/mmc_ops.c in the linux kernel.

I'll change every mmc_send_status call in order only to wait that the
new state is stable.
I can do in about two hours.

Thx for your help,
Raffaele