[U-Boot] Q: MII read

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Sun Mar 13 11:50:07 CET 2011

On 03/13/2011 09:24 AM, Ran Shalit wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Ran,

> I would like to ask a question regarding the MII functionality :
> When using mii commands (cmd_mii.c) everything works well, until trying to
> do a ping (using net command).
> After any ping try(with success or not), the mii read function is
> stuck.  Maybe it has to do with davinci mii implementation, but I am not
> sure if this is the problem or not.
> Any advice is welcomed.

I think this is not a general issue, as with other processors/boards
everything works fine. However, after using a net command, the dev->halt
callback is called, and this could disable the phy.

If you are using the davinci_emac driver, take a look at the
davinci_eth_close() function. It can be that when the controller is
turned off, you cannot access to the phy anymore.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de