[U-Boot] Working on u-boot on panda board.

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Thu Mar 17 13:43:02 CET 2011

Hi,

I would like to make some changes to u-boot on pandaboard. Sometimes in
the past, in u-boot, I could "loadb" a new u-boot binary, then "go" to
it, and the new version of u-boot would start. This was far from
perfect, but it made testing small changes possible. This also works
with the version of u-boot provided on the pandaboard community site.

The magic which made this possible was in the "start.S" file, I see that
the code changed, but there still seems to be a relocation (somewhat
more complicated, since it handles ELF relocations), so it seems it
should work.

So my question is: is this "loadb+go" method still supposed to be
working, and only broken, somehow, on pandaboard? Or is it no longer
supposed to be working?

Regards.

--
                                                                Gilles.