[U-Boot] cfi_flash - bug with flash banks with different sector numbers

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Mon Mar 21 16:15:53 CET 2011

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Roese wrote on Montag, 21. März 2011 14:10:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Monday 21 March 2011 13:42:00 Martin Krause wrote:
>> I encountered a problem with the cfi_flash driver on a board with
>> two flash banks with a different number of flash secotrs.
>>
>> It seems that the function find_sector() which tries to speed up
>> successive flash accesses does not take into account the current
>> flash bank correctly.
>>
>> I created a patch with a fix (see blow), but since I do not
>> work with current U-Boot, this patch likely will not apply cleanly
>> to TOT (but is neccessary, since the bug is still present there).
>
> First, the patch is line wrapped. Would it be possible for

Oh, I forgot dumb M$ outlook.

> you to take the
> time to rebase it against TOT and send a non line wrapped version?

I will do, if the patch otherwise is OK. Since the computer my git
repo is installed on has no direct connection to the internet, this
is not as easy as it could be. And I will not be able to test the
patched TOT U-Boot apart from compiling without errors.

Best regards,
Martin