[U-Boot] last reboot information for u-boot

Hebbar, Gururaja gururaja.hebbar at ti.com
Fri Mar 25 05:23:06 CET 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 08:21:46, sywang wrote:

> I have a question about how to save last warm-reboot information.
>

> I am trying to find a method to save last warm-reboot reason. If I want to
> save the information by DRAM memory, how to do this?

AFAIK, there isn't any direct support to this in u-boot.
However, this can be achieved in 2 ways.
1. Many Hardware / SOC / Processor has inbuilt registers to detect
   reason for last reset (HW, WatchDog, SW, or Cold reset). If your platform has any of these, use them

2. while resetting save required info to flash by custom code and read it back upon reset.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Gururaja