[U-Boot] current head don;t compile for mpc52xx based boards

Po-Yu Chuang ratbert.chuang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 09:29:02 CEST 2011

Hi Heiko and Wolfgang,

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <4D90289F.2000401 at denx.de> you wrote:
> >
> > actual head doesn;t longer compile for the mpc52xx based
> > digsy_mtc_rev5 board (and a fast check, it seems it is
> > for mp52xx, 8xx, ppc4xx based boards):

Could you use objdump to check what is the symbol name for end of BSS
defined by ppc toolchain? I don't have the environment now.

> I think ALL PowerPC boards are affecte.
>
> Po-Yu Chuang, can you please look into this, it's urgent?

It seems that we need to find a symbol name globally accepted by
all toolchains of all platform. If we rename it to another name careless,
we might get the same problem on another platform. Or maybe we can
just rename the one used in standalone examples back to _end?

Any suggestion?

Best regards,
Po-Yu Chuang