[U-Boot] using env import to import textfiles

Holger Brunck holger.brunck at keymile.com
Tue Mar 29 13:17:09 CEST 2011

Hello,

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Holger Brunck,
>
> In message <4D91B854.3010905 at keymile.com> you wrote:
>> One question to the textfiles. Should we add remarks to the environment
>> variables inside the textfile in C-Syntax (/* bla */), first test shows that the
>> import function works with this remarks . But whats the best way forward? Is
>
> This is not supposed to work as you think it does - these comments
> will become part of the value of the respective environment variables.

Ok.

> At the moment, environment import does not support any kind of
> comments, it's all raw data only.
>
> This could be changed, of course, if needed.

no and I don't think it is really needed. Importing only the environment and not
throwing afterwards unneeded parts from the textfile away seems to be more
efficient.

So we create an additional README file inside our scripts directory where this
variables are documented. Thanks.

Best regards
Holger Brunck