[U-Boot] Booting kernel from NAND flash on AT91SAM9 custom board using fsload

Nicholas Kinar n.kinar at usask.ca
Tue Mar 29 19:37:25 CEST 2011

On 29/03/2011 10:14 AM, Nicholas Kinar wrote:
> Also as instructed in the README.NAND, README.JFFS2 and
> README.JFFS2_NAND files found in the /doc/ directory, I've tried
> defining the following in my
> /include/configs/at91sam9rlek.h configuration file:
>
> #define CONFIG_JFFS2_NAND  1
> #define CONFIG_CMD_JFFS2
> #define CONFIG_SYS_MAX_FLASH_BANKS 1
> #define CONFIG_CMD_NAND        1

I've now added the following #undef to the list of defines above:

#undef CONFIG_CMD_FLASH

Now after typing "help" at the U-Boot command line, I can finally see
the fsload command listed.  However running fsload gives the following
error:

U-Boot> fsload
support for FLASH devices not present
incorrect device: nor0

This appears to be due to some code in the /common/cmd_jffs2.c file.
Can fsload be only used for NOR memory, or is there a way to use it for
NAND flash as well?