[U-Boot] Booting kernel from NAND flash on AT91SAM9 custom board using fsload

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 29 23:51:06 CEST 2011

Dear Nicholas Kinar,

In message <4D92531E.4030206 at usask.ca> you wrote:

> I would assume that the "fsload" command will also work with UBIFS as well.

No. UBIFS uses it's own command set; you will use "ubifsload" instead.

> In my custom system, At91Bootstrap is situated on SPI Dataflash.  The
> At91Bootstrap loads U-Boot from the same Dataflash.  Then, I would like
> U-Boot to load the Linux kernel from the UBI file system on a large 2
> GByte NAND flash.  This should be much better than using JFFS2 on the
> large NAND flash.

Indeed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"One day," said a dull voice from down below, "I'm going to  be  back
in  form again and you're going to be very sorry you said that. For a
very long time. I might even go so far as to make even more Time just
for you to be sorry in."              - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_