[U-Boot] U-boot 2010.12 Ping failed on DP83849C

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon May 9 12:56:55 CEST 2011

Hi Jerry,

> I have a custom MPC8313ERD board loaded with u-boot 1.1.6 and the network PHY is
> NetSemi DP83849C. The PHY info is copied from DP83865 and the network works
> fine.
>
> Recently I am trying to upgrade u-boot to 2010.12 but I got Ping failed and host
> is not alive message when I ping the same host.
> After enabling debug, it shows:
>        Trying TSEC0
>         Speed: 10, half duplex
>         Using TSEC0 device
>         sending ARP for 0a350275
>         ARP broadcast 1
>         TSEC0: tsec: tx error
>         ARP broadcast 2
>         TSEC0: tsec: tx buffers full
>         ping failed; host 10.53.2.117 is not alive
>
>     After googling the problem, I learned this may be related to the some kind
> of bus conflict when DMA move ip packet to transmit bugger.
>    My question is what caused this error in 2010.12 version and not in 1.1.6?

Those versions are so far away codewise, that I there surely is no easy
answer.  _If_ your code was in mainline all the way from 1.1.6 to
2010.12 you could have used "git bisect", but as this is (very likely)
not the case, this will not work for you.  So the "easiest" way is to
start debugging the problem yourself.

Best wishes
  Detlev Zundel

--
"Oh, didn't you know, the Lord did the original programming of the universe in
COBOL." - "That's why the world is the evil work of Satan. A true divine being