[U-Boot] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. While booting from U-Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 9 22:44:31 CEST 2011

Dear Arreche,

In message <BANLkTinz+UmDoreo2fyTB0PXLY3Gz72i8Q at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Kernel mounted the root file system but can not find any init script. I'm
> sure that script exists in my ramdisk.img!

Sounds like a Linux problem to me, which means you're off topic here.

> I also checked out
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCmdGroupFlash#Section_5.9.3.5

Why this section?  It's obviously completely unrelated to your issue.

> and GE863-PRO3
> U-BOOT Software User Guide 1VV0300777 Rev. 6 - 2010-01-25.

I have no idea who provided this document.

> MY ENVIRONMENT: GE863-PRO3 128/64 version

How about asking the guys who provide the board and documentation?

> U-Boot 1.2.0 (Aug 18 2010 - 12:16:10)- 221 Telit

Ancient code. Totally unsupported by now.

And an out of tree port, too.

Sorry, we cannot help you.  We don;t know your board, we don't know
your U-Boot port, we don't know your root file system or anything
else.  Please ask the technical support team of the guys who gave you
this hardware and code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity."
					             - Dennis Ritchie