[U-Boot] Problem with Porting U-boot on 8308

Sharath Kurudi skurudi at gmail.com
Thu May 12 06:01:58 CEST 2011

Hi All,

  I am new to Uboot, I am trying to port Uboot on 8308, on single steeping
the uboot gets stuck at _start_of_vectors_  Machine check exception. Could
anyone please explain what STD_EXCEPTION mean in start.S code and why it
happens ?
Following are some logs
BDI8308_ELAN06>ti
    Target CPU        : MPC83xx (e300c3)
    Target state      : debug mode
    Debug entry cause : instruction address breakpoint
    Current PC        : 0xfff0017c
    Current CR        : 0x20000000
    Current MSR       : 0x00003072
    Current LR        : 0xfff00168
BDI8308_ELAN06>ti
    Target CPU        : MPC83xx (e300c3)
    Target state      : debug mode
    Debug entry cause : COP halt
    Current PC        : 0xfff00220
    Current CR        : 0xe6000efc
    Current MSR       : 0xe6000efc
    Current LR        : 0xe6000efc
# Step timeout detected
The address 0xfff00220 corresponds to Machine check exception in System.map
of u-boot code.

Thanks
Sharath