[U-Boot] [PULL] Pull request u-boot-atmel.git next

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Wed May 18 08:03:22 CEST 2011

Hi Reinhard,

Le 17/05/2011 18:44, Reinhard Meyer a écrit :
> Hi Albert,
>> Incidentally, I see a new master-arm branch on u-boot-atmel. If it is one you created locally to track u-boot-arm/master and pushed by accident, then you can unpublish it from your public git repo by 'git push ssh://gu-atmel@git.denx.de/u-boot-atmel :master-arm'.
>
> No, that was on purpose. Because then one can easyly do a
>
> git request-pull master-arm git://git.denx.de/u-boot-atmel.git
>
> (I was not sure whether that would refer to the local repo or to the repo at denx, so I pushed it :)

Assuming the name of your remote for u-boot-arm is simply 'u-boot-arm',
you don't need to create a local 'master-arm' branch. You can simply do:

git request-pull u-boot-arm/master git://git.denx.de/u-boot-atmel master

I always add the <end> argument "master" to git pull so that it works
whatever my current HEAD happens to be, but if you know your current
HEAD is your master branch, then you can omit that and simply write

git request-pull u-boot-arm/master git://git.denx.de/u-boot-atmel

> I will clean this and all rework branches etc. soon.

Thanks!

> Best Regards,
> Reinhard

Amicalement,