[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Please pull u-boot-mpc85xx.git

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu May 19 08:49:25 CEST 2011

On May 19, 2011, at 12:19 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear Kumar Gala,
>
> In message <6E487A2B-B7EA-474E-A8DB-0D5639391078 at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry - most of these patches were submitted about a month after the
>>> merge window was closed, and they clearly add new features, i. e.
>>> these are not bug fixes.  They will not go into this release.
>>>
>>> Not pulled.
>>>
>>> Please stick to the rules!
>>
>> Understood, however I would like to see the eSPI & MMC/SPI patches go
>> into this release as it prevents introduction of a build target
>> 'P4080DS_RAMBOOT_PBL' that we remove right away after the release.  As
>> these two patches only impact a FSL specific board the risk is limited
>> to the one board family.
>
> I can't parse that. "It prevents introduction of a build target
> 'P4080DS_RAMBOOT_PBL'' - but we already have that in mainline?
> "that we remove right away after the release" - if you remove it after
> the release, then it should be sufficient to add these patches after
> right before the removal of this thing?

I'm saying previous patches that went into this window added the build target P4080DS_RAMBOOT_PBL.  Rather than having this release add it and the next one remove, I'd prefer to just have these two patches applied for this release cycle to have the targets for _SPIFLASH and _SDCARD boot.

> I don't consider this a bug fix.

I know its not a bug fix.

- k