[U-Boot] OMAP5912 -- Status?

James Harris jharris at ellex.com
Thu May 19 09:07:54 CEST 2011

Greetings all,

Over the past few days I've been trying to get u-boot 2011.03 for the
omap5912osk working.

Support for the target appears to have stagnated...

"Out of the box" the omap5912osk (and omap1610inn) target fails to
compile due to the following missing symbols:

CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_BASE

CONFIG_SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR

Can someone please confirm the u-boot support status of this board?

The relocation code for ARM seems to have moved on since u-boot V1.1.1.

Unfortunately that version has build problems with my more recent gcc
4.4.6 toolchain (arm-unknown-eabi)

I'd like revive the omap5912osk target...

The README files on relocation indicate that the PowerPC architectures
use the DATA CACHE for initial stack operations.

What is the standard approach on ARM systems? And in particular for the
ARM926EJS in the OMAP5912?

I've tried to use the top of the "framebuffer" SRAM address space (base
address + SRAM size - minus generated global data size) but this failed.

Thank you

James