[U-Boot] [RFC] Review of U-Boot timer API

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 26 07:16:41 CEST 2011

Dear "J. William Campbell",

In message <4DDDDF2E.8070602 at comcast.net> you wrote:

>        True, if the processor supports timer interrupts. The problem is
> that the existing u-boots in many cases do not. I think that is really
> the crux of the problem. So what are we going to do? I am open to ideas
> here.

Which of the processors we're discussing here does not support timer
interrupts?  If there is any, how is the Linux system time implemented
on this processor?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When properly administered, vacations do not  diminish  productivity:
for every week you're away and get nothing done, there's another when
your boss is away and you get twice as much done.  -- Daniel B. Luten