[U-Boot] Interrupt handler in U-Boot for MIPS based platform

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri May 27 12:04:25 CEST 2011

Hi Pandu,

> Hi all,
>
>     I was working on enabling the watchdog timer in the U-Boot for MIPS
> based platform. I set up the timer and watchdog. when the timer expires, I
> need to kick the watchdog until the user timeout period expires.
> I see that for ARM we have do_irq function which gets called when there is
> interrupt but I don't see any such mechanism for the MIPS.
>
>   Has any one implemented it for MIPS based platform? If not, any hint to
> get it working.

Generally we kick the watchdog from various places in the code with
WATCHDOG_RESET().  This way we do not need any interrupts and you should
be seeing watchdog triggers immediately without adding anything more.
Just grep for occurrences of this macro.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Emacs is the way to purify your soul using garbage collection.