[U-Boot] Linux 2.6.33.9 (RT) on mpc5121

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Fri May 27 14:46:42 CEST 2011

On Fri, 27 May 2011 11:34:53 +0000
Einar Már Björgvinsson <Einar.Bjorgvinsson at marel.com> wrote:

>     hi
>
> I'm not sure if this is the proper list for posting this question but it
> seems to me that there are some folks here that have vast experience of the
> mpc5121 chip, so here it goes.

It is indeed not the correct list. You might want to try
linuxppc-dev at lists.ozlabs.org for better results.

> I'm currently trying to port an older kernel version (2.6.33-rc6 non
> realtime) to a newer one (2.6.33.9 with RT-PREEMPT 2.6.33.9). The initial
> support for USB and CAN was done by Denx.

Have you checked latest mainline linux for that processor? I don't know what
drivers you need, but there has been a lot of progress, and chances are it
works better than what you have now :-)

David Jander
Protonic Holland.