[U-Boot] Starting U-boot from RAM in FPGA custom board

pcuser p pcuser.mails at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:00:03 CET 2011

Hi,
I am a newbie to bootloaders,
My requirement is to port u-boot + linux to a FPGA board (ARM926EJS +
video Coprocessors + basic peripherals (uart,ethernet))

I am basically trying to start u-boot from RAM since flash is already
locked with fpga code.
I happened to see some of mail chains about queries for loading u-boot from RAM.

particularly this message implies that this option is very difficult.
(http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM)

I need some suggestion of how to proceed with u-boot for this requirement.

It will be of great help if someone provide some useful links and info
for booting u-boot from RAM.

Regards,
Dave