[U-Boot] Code relocation in U-boot.

Sandeep Sharma sharma.sandeep20 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 08:02:23 CET 2011

Hi,

You are absolutely right. I am talking about ARM code located in start.S
file.
I am not able to figure out from from the referred link. I also consulted "
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ihi0044d/IHI0044D_aaelf.pdf
"
which talks about arm code relocation but it is also not helpful. It
nowhere talks about ".rel.dyn" section which i referred to in my previous
post. Can You provide any pointer from where i can get understanding of
this section.

Regards,,
Sandeep

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Albert ARIBAUD <albert.u.boot at aribaud.net>wrote:

> Le 07/11/2011 14:41, Sandeep Sharma a écrit :
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> I am analyzing U-Boot code for "relocate_code" function. In this function
>> after copying the text section and before clearing the bss section we are
>> doing "fix .rel.dyn relocations". I want to know that what actually we are
>> doing in this section of code. What does this section actually contains
>> and
>> what kind of fix we are doing in this. What are relative and absolute fix
>> that we are doing in this section.
>>
>> Any kind of help will we highly appreciated.
>>

> Hi Sandeep,
>
> I assume you are specifically talking about ARM code in start.S? This code
> is an implementation of the relocation mechanism defined in the ELF
> specifications. Look up <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**
> Executable_and_Linkable_**Format#References<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format#References>>
> for details.
>
> Amicalement,