[U-Boot] Is FT232R chip supported in U-Boot?

jonsmirl at gmail.com jonsmirl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:02:26 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Mahavir Prasad <er.mahavir at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We have our new board and I am porting U-Boot on it. I am first trying to
> get U-Boot's console. FT232R is populated on the board and I need to use it
> for the showing the console.

If the ft232 is attached to the CPU's console serial port you don't
need to do anything to it (make sure it has power and it is wired
correctly) and it will work automatically assuming you program the
CPU's serial port to work. Just plug the USB end of the cable into a
PC and use a terminal emulation program.  You need to match up the
baud rates.

If it is attached the other direction - USB hooked to the CPU, then
you will need to use a JTAG until you can get the USB subsystem
running in u-boot.

Either way getting a JTAG going first will make like easier at the lowest level.