[U-Boot] nds32: toolchains for building ?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Nov 10 18:12:46 CET 2011

On Thursday 10 November 2011 12:01:46 Macpaul Lin wrote:
> 2011/11/11 Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org>:
> > what's the difference between v0 v1 v1f ?
>
> It should be described in detail in the README, however,
> the v0 toolchain will be phased out in recent.
> So it becomes not so important. XD
>
> The version numbers v0, v1, v1f, v2, v2f, v3, and v3m are meant to
> instruction set (ISA) versions.
> Currently, the first SoC ag101 can be adapted with v0 toolchain only.
> The second SoC is soft core ag101p, which can run the most compatible
> v1 instruction sets.
> While v1f means v1 ISA + floating point ISA.
> Other details of v2 and v3 ISA should be able to be found though url
> http://www.andestech.com/
>
> However, I don't know where exactly url of the document is. :p
> Please use v0 toolchain to play with adp-ag101 board.
> Although you can use v1 toolchain to build the binary for ag101 SoC,
> it couldn't be booted up.
> For the backward compatibility, of course, you can use v0 and v1
> toolchain to build binary for ag101p SoC.
> Both of the binaries could run correctly.

so the ISA version only affects the generated libraries right ?  i can still
use any of the compilers to output any ISA version ?

i grabbed the v1f and it seems to build the one nds32 board in the tree fine.

i ripped it down to the min needed for u-boot, so people can grab the 4.3MiB:
	http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/u-boot/nds32.tar.xz
-mike