[U-Boot] nds32: toolchains for building ?

Macpaul Lin macpaul at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 03:08:11 CET 2011

Hi Mike

> Unfortunately, wrong.
>
> ISA will affect the assembly and binary patterns, also some basic
> stack operation.
> You cannot run v1 v1f binary on the adp-ag101 board.
> You also cannot run v1f on the chip which didn't have floating point unit.
> So, you cannot run v1f binary on adp-ag101p board.
> There will decode floating related ISA as non-floating point then lead fault.

In much more detail, v0 has stack conflict will all other toolchain
since the program counter
register was designed forbidden to access directly in 3 years ago.

V1 and later ISA has a common behavior on stack operation since the
program counter is
available directly.

However, I don't know if there are parameters to turn-off the floating
binary generation in v1f
toolchain. Even I don't know if there are parameters to generation
v0's binary with v1 toolchain.
I think they are defined in compiling time when the toolchain is built.

Macpaul Lin