[U-Boot] nds32: toolchains for building ?

Macpaul Lin macpaul at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 03:53:44 CET 2011

Hi Mike,

2011/11/11 Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org>:

> right, which is why gcc ports have options like -march=, -mcpu=, -mtune=,
> etc...  this way you only need 1 gcc to support all these different ISAs.
>
> nds32le-linux-gcc -march=v0 -c ......
> nds32le-linux-gcc -march=v1 -c ......
> nds32le-linux-gcc -march=v1f -c ......
>
> what i meant was that you don't have to configure gcc for a specific ISA.
> -mike

I just checked it out with my toolchain collegues, they said the
option is -mbaseline.
Please use 'nds32le-linux-gcc --target-help' to check what machine
related options could be used.
But, they remineded me, if you don't use the default baseline setting
of the toolchain, the behavior might
lead crash or some unknown problem.
I'll check it later.

However, you cannot generate v0 baseline with any other toolchains,
only v0 toolchain can do.
Sorry. :-(

Macpaul Lin