[U-Boot] [RFC] x86: Do no use reparm as it break libgcc linkage

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Nov 11 06:04:58 CET 2011

On Thursday 10 November 2011 23:49:07 Graeme Russ wrote:
> Remember, U-Boot uses --no-builtin, so apart from the libgcc functions,
> there are no gcc functions included.

i don't think that's generally how gcc builtin's work.  for the vast majority,
they're of the "optimize away with simple insns when possible" variety.  so if
you do something like:
	char c[4];
	memset(c, 0, sizeof(c));
gcc will optimize that into a single 32bit load rather than calling memcpy().
but because we use -fno-builtins, gcc will make sure to call memcpy().

i can't think of any calls off the top of my head which would result in
invoking a func in libgcc.a.
-mike