[U-Boot] Nokia N900 - eMMC not working after commit 02f3029f1810b99869254d0cf0a71946a008a728

Macpaul Lin macpaul at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 07:36:33 CET 2011

Hi Lei Wen,

2011/11/14 Lei Wen <adrian.wenl at gmail.com>:
> Hi Macpaul,
>
> I see...
> It seems some socs always treat cmd8 as failed...?
> I think it is reasonable to add a quirk configuration surround the judgement
> of cmd8 execution, so that even it is failed anyway, it could still go on with
> the following cmd sequence. If this quirk is not defined, and return behavior
> is still kept.
>
> What do you think for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Lei

I've not check this with the SD phy specification.
The command process should be backward compatible between 3.0 and 1.0.

Could you please provide this more detail with the specification?
For example, could you please provide what section in the specification
and how the state machine in MMC card should be operated.
Then we can check it more detail and see if the solution is reasonable.

Moreover, if you could provide where the Linux code is related to the problem
and how dose Linux deal with this problem will be good, also.

As you said in patch, "some card strictly obey the 74 clocks rule",
could you provide the information of the card that you're using?

Add #ifdef to the code is a quick solution, but I think the we need to
figure out if there is other method
to help on 74 clock adoptable on more general case.

Macpaul Lin