[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Pull request: u-boot-staging

Igor Grinberg grinberg at compulab.co.il
Thu Nov 24 07:57:40 CET 2011

Hi,

On 11/23/11 22:14, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Andy Fleming,
>
> In message <CAKWjMd5N1ozpR2O4rWCzPpPzjbZL1xAT0sRhoDz61aSzZSXEyw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> 13) When to use Acked-by: and Cc:
>>
>> The Signed-off-by: tag indicates that the signer was involved in the
>> development of the patch, or that he/she was in the patch's delivery path.
>>
>> I think that makes the intent of (c) clear.
>
> Yes, but to me "delivery path" means the path from where the patch has
> been developed through reviewers, other developers that change/improve
> it etc. until it hits it's destination and gets delivered to ...
> well, to where?  In our case to that is the mailing list respective
> PatchWork.  This is where we deliver our patches to.  The delivery
> path ends there.

Is the single patch should be picked manually, from the PatchWork?
If it is, then this is work that custodian does.
Can a custodian pick a patch from the mailing list
(say if PatchWork is down or whatever)?
If yes, then this is also the work that custodian does.

For my understanding, the delivery ends with *unique commit id*
in some repository, which then can get pulled, but has history intact.

Nevertheless, it is a meter of choice, that should be made.
I'm fine with any choice we will make.

--
Regards,
Igor.