[U-Boot] Adding support to Technexion TAM3517 SOM

Tapani Utriainen tapani at technexion.com
Fri Nov 25 04:25:01 CET 2011

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 16:19:26 +0100
Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:

> On 24/11/2011 07:57, Tapani Utriainen wrote:
> > Using your u-boot.bin on Twister, USB devices do not work in linux. Using
> > the u-boot.bin I submitted this issue disappears. The setup is otherwise the
> > same (same x-loader, u-boot settings, kernel and userland).
>
> I cannot confirm this issue - I am running the 2.6.32 kernel (compiled
> from sources), and USB is working:

Recompiled our kernel as well (was using someone elses pre-compiled earlier) and
tried again. No difference.

What steps did you take to verify that USB is working?
For instance: I cannot mount/read a USB stick in linux when using your u-boot.
No problems using ours.

You might very well be right that this difference is due to errors in our u-boot
*and* our kernel. I have not verified the MUX setup etc, just (maybe foolishly)
trusted that the settings we have had working for long time (since before me starting
here) are somewhat correct. Would be tragic if two so crazy errors makes it work. :-(

//Tapani