[U-Boot] mx28: Saving env vars on MMC

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Nov 25 08:12:55 CET 2011

On 25/11/2011 03:05, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to save environment variables on a SD card of a MX28EVK board.
>
> 'save' command reports no errors, but if I reboot the board then the
> board no longer boots.
>
> In order to recover the boot, I need to reformat the SD card and
> reflash the u-boot.sd image.
>
> I am trying the following configuration taken from FSL U-boot:
>
> /*
>  * MMC Driver
>  */
> #define CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_MMC
> #define CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET	0x400

I do not know the details, but this offset is very low and it seems
taken from other i.MX (MX5). This can overwrite your U-Boot. The
write_env() function in env_mmc.c converts the offset in a block number,
and this means you are writing at the block #2.

Because 1 Block=512 byte, can you try to move the offset to a very high
block ?

> #define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE		0x20000 - 0x400

This seems too much...

Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de