[U-Boot] How to resolve CRC issue in Uboot and maintain the env variables

Zaheer Sheriff zaheer.sheriff at easunreyrolle.com
Fri Nov 25 14:42:29 CET 2011

Stefan,

I thought the error is generic, I never know it is processor or board
specific error.
Here are the details:
OMAPL138 EVM board
u-boot version 2011.9 NOvember release.

modified env in da850 config file as :
-------
/*
 * Linux Information
 */
#define LINUX_BOOT_PARAM_ADDR	(PHYS_SDRAM_1 + 0x100)
#define CONFIG_CMDLINE_TAG
#define CONFIG_SETUP_MEMORY_TAGS
#define CONFIG_BOOTARGS		"mem=32M console=ttyS2,115200n8 noinitrd rw
ip=10.1.5.115:10.1.5.69:10.1.5.1:255.255.255.0::eth0: root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=10.1.5.69:/home/targetNFS"
#define CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND	"if mmc rescan 0:1; then fatload mmc 0:1
0xc0700000 uImage; bootm c0700000; fi;"
#define CONFIG_BOOTDELAY	3
#define CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS "ethaddr=00:08:ee:03:6a:c4\0"
---------------------------
Will this extra env creates CRC error.

this is my env variable:

setenv bootcmd 'sf probe 0;sf read c0008000 40000 340000; go c0008000'

Image file size is: 335268 hex

how to resolve this.

Zaheer

--
Zaheer Sheriff K

transmitted by this email.

www.easunreyrolle.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information.
printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.