[U-Boot] [RFC/PATCH] davinci: disable dcache on boards with EMAC

Ilya Yanok yanok at emcraft.com
Mon Nov 28 17:45:49 CET 2011

Hi Albert,

On 28.11.2011 16:56, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
>> Yes, that would be the 4th approach, listed as "much better" :-)
>
> Better yet, have an ARM-wide, not only ARM926EJ-S, cache framework with
> a hierarchy of cache function implementations, from ARM architectures to
> Cores / SoCs or even boards.

Surely, that will be much-much better. Actually I think there is some
room for even more unification:
 - alignment checks are need for (almost?) any arch
 - many ARM families share the same (or very similar) CP15 register set
 - ???

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time right now to dig into this.

Regards, Ilya.