[U-Boot] u-boot problem on FADS board: FEC not working

Davide Gallo Cassarino davidegallo at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 08:47:23 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I was able to compile u-boot (I retrieved the last revision by git) for FADS board, load it on the board and then to boot it on the board!
Then I set a ethernet address, IP address, mask ...

I had a problem with the fast ethernet controller (FEC): after launching the ping command the printout
on the COM was:

" FEC_RESET_DELAY timeout"
"mii_send STUCK!"

I found out that the problem is in fec_init function in .../arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc8xx/fec.c in the line:

if (fec_reset(fecp) < 0)
        printf ("FEC_RESET_DELAY timeout\n");

What is the problem with FEC reset? Is there some problem with MII (see mii_send function always in fec.c)

Thanks!