[U-Boot] Auto checkpatch

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 00:38:23 CEST 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Graeme Russ,
>
> In message <CALButC+DQ9070sQvzwYLvQ4bBL2+rTDByKbDqjxruVNPiwspPw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

[snip]

>> Alternativelty, we could make it a requirement of patch submittion that in
>> addition to the SoB, the author must include a checkpatch summary (below
>> the --)
>
> Guess how many would do that?

When you start to bounce patches, the number will increase, just like when
patches get bounced for lack of SoB :)

I cannot imagine it would be that hard to create a utility script we could all
use that runs git-format-patch then checkpatch on each generated patch and
adds the output to the generated patches. I might have a look this weekend,
but my script-fu is not very powerful...

Regards,

Graeme