[U-Boot] [Patch v4] powerpc/eeprom: cleanup mac command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 14 23:46:54 CEST 2011

Dear Tabi Timur-B04825,

In message <CAOZdJXUhGKnFCkpS1bPkCHswsvqn-Ki8y=aXZH51_fZKWT8Qmw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > There are very few exceptions wher eU-Boot uses and expects decimal
> > numbers, and I strongly recommend not to add any new such
> > inconsistencies.
>
> I understand, except that in this case, it's counter-intuitive.  No
> one is going to think to do this:
>
>      mac ports b
>
> to set the number of ports to 11, but that's what you have to do.

I'm not sure how you counted to get the "no one" result, but this is
_exactly_ what I would do, knowing very well that "mac ports 11" would
mean a decimal value of 17.

So far, the only command (that I remember) that accepts decimal
argument is "sleep", and I'm still angry with myself that I let this
slip through.

Please do not add more such inconsistencies.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Teenagers are people who express a burning desire to be different by
dressing exactly alike.
There are some strings. They're just not attached.